到第

美语超短语――情绪感觉

精华

人气:7968 回复:0

情绪感觉

a bit trying
trying在这里解作“难堪的”或“苦恼的”;a bit则是“有些”、“有一点”。
*He is a bit trying these days.
近日他有点苦恼
All burnt up
  这是指一个人发脾气时,整个人好向被火烧一样,即所谓“如火种烧”,“怒火如分”。
*Stay away from him.He is all burnt up.
不要惹他,他现在怒火如焚
All ears
  此语有两个含义:一是表示“全神贯注地听”;二是“觉得奇怪”,“很愕然”。
*I am all ears.
我很留意的听
When John heard his name mentioned, he was all ears .
当约翰听到它的名字被提到时,他觉得很愕然
All my eye
愤怒时讲的话,意即“岂有此理”,“瞎说”等。
*--“John said you owed him ten dollars,”
---“-约翰说你欠他十元。”
--“That’s all my eye! Just now I lent him 200.”
--“瞎说!刚才我还借了二百元给他哩。”

Ants in one’s pants
坐立不安急欲的样子。想热锅上的蚂蚁,蠢蠢欲动。
*john had ants in his pants ever since he won that ticket to Bermuda.
约翰自从赢得那张前往百慕大机票后一直急于启程
Backseat driver
坐在车后指挥司机驾驶的人,当然最令人讨厌。所以,此片语传喻指一些持着自己有些权势而对人颐指气使的人。
*O.K. Iknow what I’m going to do. I don’t need a backseat driver.
好了,我知道应该做什么,用不着你来指挥。
Bad egg
不言而喻是“坏蛋”了,但一般指用于男性。至于两性皆通用的是Bad lot
*At first I trusted him,but I soon found he’d a bad egg.
Barking up the wrong teee
Bark除了指狗的吠叫外,也可以指人大声叫骂。词语的含义是“攻击错了目标”或“把精力浪费再不该化的地方
Why ask me ? You are barking up the wrong tree.
你找错对象了。为什么要问我?
Bawl  大哭

The little girl bawled all morning because her cat was lost.
那个小女孩哭了一整个早上,因为她的猫丢了
Beat it
这是叫人“走开”的口语,和“Be off !“差不多,不过比后者更流行。
He kept on bothering me ,so I told him to beat it.
他继续不停的反我,因此我叫他走开。
Be off
这是不客气的驱逐语,较缓语气可以解释为“走吧”,如果大声疾呼地喝出来,则等于“滚蛋”!
Be off,or I’ll kick you downstairs !
滚吧!否则我会将你踢下楼梯去
Black sheep
指家庭中的不孝子女,并不是“黑羊”。可能羊通常是白色的,有黑羊出现便被视作不祥之兆吧。
Tom is the black sheep of hid family.
汤姆是个败家子
Blah  无聊
I felt real blah when I woke up this morning.
今晨醒来时,我觉得很无聊。
Blow a fuse  勃然大怒
She,blows a fuse every time that she gets mad.
每次她一生气,就勃然大怒。
Blow(one’s)cool  发火
It’s not healthy to blow your cool all the time.
你一天到晚发火,对身体是不好的。
Blow off steam
比喻意思与字面差不多。字面是“吹掉蒸汽”,而真正的含义是“出气”、“发脾气”。
I just needed to blow off steam.
我只想出出气而已
Blow one’ top
此词组指一个人情绪激动,勃然大怒,和中文的“怒发冲冠”颇为近似。
Better talk to him later. He’s going to blow his top .
最好迟些再跟他谈吧,他正要发怒呢。
Blue
情绪低落,在口语上经常作形容词用,作“犹豫的”、“伤心的”解。现在许多新潮派人物都用蓝色代表忧伤,原因在此。
He looks blue today.
他今天情绪很低落。
bolt from the blue
the blue 是“蓝天”,此语常用来指突然的祸变,也就是“晴天霹雳了。
The news of my father’s death came like a bolt from the blue .
父亲的死讯传来,犹如晴天霹雳。
(The)blues  烦闷;忧愁
Do you have the blues today?
你今天心情不好吗?
break one’s heart
此语含义完全和字面相同,表示“是某人心碎”。
Her only son’s death broke her heart .
她独子之死使他心碎。
breathe easy  放心;松口气
I can breathe eady now that school is finished .
学校停课了,我总算可以松一口气
bug eyed   惊讶的瞠目结舌
The thief got bug eyed when ge saw the amount of money in the bag .
小偷看到袋子里的钱时,惊讶的瞠目结舌

burned out  累坏
I am burned out after the ling walk .
走了这么长的路后,我累坏了。
Bushed  精疲力竭
You look like you are bushed .
你看来想精疲力竭的样子
butterflies in the stomach   紧张因害怕而发抖  
I have butterflies in my stomach.
我很紧张。
clutch up  紧张
Sue always clutches up when she gets in front of the class .
每次苏站在同学面前,总显得很紧张
come apart at the seams   不知所措
She was so frightened that she almost cane apart at theseams .
她害怕的几乎不知所措。
come around    回心转意
Be patient with him and he’ll come around.
对他耐心点,她是会回心转意的。
cold feet  临阵退缩
This is no time to get cold feet .
现在不是临阵退缩的时候。
cold shoulder  冷淡
She gsve her husband the cold shoulder when he came home from work .
她先生下班后,她很冷淡待他。
crack a smile   展颜微笑
We tried to get the baby to crack a smile .
我们设法使这个小婴孩展颜微笑
Creeps  起鸡皮疙瘩;汗毛直竖。
This place gives me the creeps.
这个地方令我起鸡皮疙瘩。
dear John letter
不是什么亲切的书信,而是“绝交信”。
I received a dear John letter from my girl friend which broke m heart .
我受到女友来的绝交信,令我伤心欲绝。

done in    精疲力竭的
I’m done in when I get home from work .
下班回家后,我就精疲力竭的。
double take   多看两眼
We did a double take as the handsome boy walked by .
那个英俊的男孩走过时,我们多看了他两眼。
eat one’s heart out   
此语和吃却全无关系了。这是指一个人伤心异常,不能克制,因此而消瘦了。
He is eating his heart out because she refused to marry him .
他拒绝与她结婚使他过分忧伤。
fall apart  精神忐忑不安
he always falls apart when he sees girls cry .
他看到女孩子哭时,精神就很不好。
fed up(with)
此语本意是“吃得过饱”,故此语转喻支对某人或某事讨厌之极。
I’m fed up with life in the city .
我对城市的生活厌倦透了。
Don‘t bother me,I’m already fed up.
不要烦我,我已经一肚子气了。
feel in the pink
外国人有一种以颜色表感情的习惯。例如以“blue”代表忧郁,yellow代表胆怯,而pink则代表愉快。这句口语相当于having a good time.
I’m feeling in the pink .
我觉得很快乐。
feel like a million bucks    感觉上好像中了一百万
I feel like a million bucks .
我感觉好像中了一百万。
fly a kite   滚开
He kept bothering me with such silly questions thay I finally told him to go fly a kite.
他尽用些傻里傻气的问题来烦我,故此我叫他滚开。
fly off the handle    冒火,发火,勃然大怒
A person shouldn’t fly off the handle about every little thing .
一个人不应为每件芝麻小时发火。
for the love of Mike
这是惊叹语,含有“梦想不到”之意。
For the love of Mike ,I didn’t expect to meet you here .
我梦想不到会在这里见到你
get a big kick
在美国人的口语中,kick常用来指“开心的事”,所以get a big kick,以即have a very good time。
They got a big kick out of it .
他玩得的很开心。
get(one’s)goat   惹(某人)发火
He always gets my goat when he compares my garden to his .
他每当拿我的花园和他的相比时,总叫我发火。
get mad at
这是美国口语,意思是“对某人生气”。
Don’t get mad at me .I did it all for your good .
别生我得起,我这样做完全是为你好。
get me down
这句话确实“令我生气”之意。
The whole thing got me down and so I called it off .
整件事件皆令我不快,所以我取消了它。
go ape  发疯
Whenever I see a particular girl ,I go ape .
每当一看到奇特的女孩,我就快发疯

go to pieces
字面解释为使“破成碎片”,常用来比喻一个人的感情受到土人冲击,不能控制。
At the news of her son’s death she weng completely to pieces .
听到他儿子的死讯,他不禁伤心欲绝。

get up on the wrong side of the bed   情绪不好
I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ,
今晨我情绪不好。
go up in the air
直译是“走上空气中”,真正的含义是“发怒”、“发脾气”,近似于中文成语“怒火冲天”。
He goes up in the air for no reason at all .
他常常无缘无故发脾气。
Is my face red?
当别人称赞自己,当然要谦虚一番,单一不应断然否认,免使对方难过..那样,说这句话便很好了。此语本意是问人“我的脸红吗?”。

You said that I’n very good .Is my face red ?
你说得很好,真使我难为情。

Hang over   因宿醉而于隔日感觉不适。
Most people wake up with a hang over the morning after they get drunk .
大部分的人在酒醉后,隔天醒来觉得不适。
Have a ball
表示“玩得非常开心”意,而非“有一个球”。
--“Do you enjoy yourself ?”
--“玩得开心吗?”
“Sure , I’m having a ball .”
“当然了,我玩得高兴极了。”
--
High   兴奋的
Drinking coffee will get you high .
喝咖啡会使你兴奋。
Hit the ceiling   勃然大怒
Your father will git the ceiling if he catches you .
要是你父亲看你在做什么,他会生气的。
Hot under the collar  发怒
I’m getting got under the collar .
我快发怒了。
In a fog   困惑的样子
That girl is always in a fog .
那个女孩总是很困惑的样子。
Jitters   紧张得要命
All of my classmates have the jitters because of the test .
由于考试,我的同学都紧张得要命。
Leave me alone
“让我独自一个人吧”――含有“不要骚扰我”、“不要拉扯我”的意思。
Leave me alone ! I don’t want to take part in it ,
别拉扯我!我不想参加这件事。
Lousy   不如意的;不称心的
I feel lousy today .
我今天觉得很不如意。
Not a damn thing
这是nothing得加强语,通常是气愤时讲的话,表示什么也没有。
When I raced home for my dinner , I found not a damn thing was left .
当我赶回家吃晚饭时,我发现什么也没有生下来。
Out in the cold
这是一个比喻句,字面意思是“在屋外的严寒中”,比喻一个受冷落、没有人关心。
As nobody liked to talk to her,she felt completely left out in the cold .
由于没有人喜欢与她讲话,所以她觉得倍受冷落。

Pass out    昏倒
Help me to a chair before I pass out .
快富我上椅子,我快晕倒了。
Petrified  (因恐惧)而发呆
You look like you are petrified .
你看起来被吓坏了。
Pull a long face
中文里也有“拉长了脸”一词。用以形容一个人不悦的神态,和pull a long face完全一致。
Grace pulled a long face when her mother refused to go shopping with her .
当母亲不答应和她逛商店时,格雷斯板起了面孔。
Ripped off   发脾气
I’m ripped off at my wife today .
我今天向我太太发脾气了。
Run into
又突然遇到、忽然碰到致意,事前是全不知情的。
I ran into old friend Henry the other day at the grocer’s .
那天我在杂货店内意外的和老朋友亨利相遇。
Shook up   激动
Don’t get all shook up !
别太激动!
Sick and tired off  厌倦
I’m sick and tired off working every day .
我对每天工作感到厌倦透了。
S.O.L
这是一句俗语,是shit of luck的缩写,意思是倒霉、没有运气,等于out of luck。
He is certainly S.O.L. this time .
社会她真倒运。
Sore spot
指意见引起精神伤痛路的往事,俗称“旧疮疤”、“伤心事”。
He will be all right so long as you don’t touch his sore spot .
只要你不提起他的伤心事,她是没有什么的。
Take it on the chin  忍受痛苦
When he lost that money he said he would have to take it on the chin .
她失去拿笔钱以后,、便说她必须忍受痛苦。
To a T
这个口语相当于exactly或perfectly,表示“恰恰好的”、“丝毫不差”之意。
That house they bought in the country suits them to a T .
他们在乡间的房子正合他们心意。
Under the weather  情绪低落
--What is the matter with John ?
约翰怎么啦?
--I can see that he is a little bit under the weather .
我看得出他是有点儿不适。
Upset
意思是“心烦意乱”、“忧形于色”。这是个做形容词的过去分词,常见使用。
Why do you look so upset today ?
为什么你今天忧心忡忡的?
Up tight  紧张,不安
Don’t be so up tight !
别那么紧张!
Wash out
常以被动形式出现,座形容词用,表示一个人精疲力竭,累的脸色苍白。
I feel washed out .Let’s call it a day .
我困倦得要命,就此停止吧。
What’s the big idea?
这是一举颇为气愤的话,用来质问对方“你这是什么意思?”
You always try to pick on me .What’s the big idea ?
你市场挑剔我,究竟是什么意思?
Well,I never !
这是表示惊奇或诧异之语,含有“真想不到”之意。
Well ,I never ! This is the car I lost three months ago .
啊!这是我三个月前失去的汽车。
With a long face
满怀心事,不大高兴的人多时都拉着长脸,把悲伤不快之情表露无疑。
What’s the matter with you ,walking around with such a long face ?
你怎么啦,拉长脸四处走?
You let me down
不是“你把我放下来”,世纪的含义是“你是我太失望了”、“你辜负了我”。
You let me down doing things like that .
你做这样的是真使我太失望了。

打赏TA共获得: 金币:0
还没人打赏
分享给好友
茉莉好象 没有什么季节 在日里在夜里 时时开着小朵的 清香的蓓蕾 想你 好象也没有什么分别 在日里在夜里 在每一个 恍惚的刹那间 微号: chilizhao 加我请打上:泰国经典代购 微店: 泰国经典代购@东游西逛
2005-07-25 12:20:25 来自青青岛社区 法律声明 回复 | 引用 | 编辑 | 举报
回复此贴
用户名: 密 码: (已经输入0字节) *
 
请绑定实名后进行跟帖
 
打赏

金币:

评语:

可选评语:
  • 祝福……
  • 我和我的小伙伴都惊呆了!
  • 不作死就不会死

顶部 客户端
青岛新闻客户端
×

用其他账号登录: