到第

【心灵参汤024】I Will Always Love You 我将永远地爱着你

精华

人气:7886 回复:0

作者:Suzanne Perry, Ph.D.
翻译:阿姣

[music] http://www.xinlv.net/bear/bdr/10/12.wma [/music]

Like most elementary schools, it was typical to have a parade of students in and out of the health clinic throughout the day.  We dispensed ice for bumps and bruises, Band-Aids for cuts, and liberal doses of sympathy and hugs.  As principal, my office was right next door to the clinic, so I often dropped in to lend a hand and help out with the hugs.  I knew that for some kids, mine might be the only one they got all day.
One morning I was putting a Band-Aid on a little girl's scraped knee.  Her blonde hair was matted, and I noticed that she was shivering in her thin little sleeveless blouse.  I found her a warm sweatshirt and helped her pull it on.  "Thanks for taking care of me," she whispered as she climbed into my lap and snuggled up against me.

和别的那些小学一样,这是个典型的学校,每天都会有许多学生在卫生所进进出出。我们给撞伤和瘀伤的孩子用冰敷,给骨折的孩子绑上绷带,以及慷慨的同情和拥抱。我是校长,我的办公室正好在卫生所旁边,所以我经常过去帮忙,主要是给孩子们拥抱。我知道,对于一些孩子来说,我的这个拥抱可能就是他们一整天里能得到的唯一的一个了。
一天早晨,我给一个小姑娘擦伤的膝盖绑上了绷带。她的金发有些绫乱。我发现她穿着一件薄薄的无袖小衫,有些冷得发抖。于是我给她找了件暖和的运动衫帮她穿上了。“谢谢你照顾我,”她爬上我的腿偎依着我轻轻地说。

It wasn't long after that when I ran across an unfamiliar lump under my arm.  Cancer, an aggressively spreading kind, had already invaded thirteen of my lymph nodes.  I pondered whether or not to tell the students about my diagnosis.  The word breast seemed so hard to say out loud to them, and the word cancer seemed so frightening.  When it became evident that the children were going to find out one way or another, either the straight scoop from me or possibly a garbled version from someone else, I decided to tell them myself.  It wasn't easy to get the words out, but the empathy and concern I saw in their faces as I explained it to them told me I had made the right decision.  When I gave them a chance to ask questions, they mostly wanted to know how they could help.  I told them that what I would like best would be their letters, pictures and prayers.  I stood by the gym door as the children solemnly filed out.  My little blonde friend darted out of line and threw herself into my arms.  Then she stepped back to look up into my face.  "Don't be afraid, Dr. Perry," she said earnestly, "I know you'll be back because now it's our turn to take care of you."

过了不长时间,我偶然发现我的胳膊下面有个异常的肿块。癌症,已经扩散到我的淋巴节的十三处了。我考虑着是不是把这个消息告诉我的学生们。乳房这个词有些难以大声说出口,而且癌症这个词是这么可怕。可是当情况越来越明显的时候,那些孩子们总会发现的,或者从我这里得知,或者从别人那儿得到一个不一定什么样的的说法,所以我决定自己告诉他们。把这一切说出来真的是很难,但当我从他们的脸上看到理解和关怀的时候,我知道我做对了。当我给他们一个机会让他们可以提问的时候,他们大多数都很想知道他们怎样才能帮我的忙。我于是告诉他们我最喜欢的就是他们给我写信,画画以及祈祷。结束后,他们排着队走出体育馆,我站在大门旁边。我的金发小姑娘从队伍里跑出来,投入了我的怀抱。然后她一边走一边回头看着我,认真地说:“别害怕,佩里博士,我知道你肯定会回来的,因为现在该轮到我们照顾你了”。

No one could have ever done a better job.  The kids sent me off to my first chemotherapy session with a hilarious book of nausea remedies that they had written.  A video of every class in the school singing get-well songs accompanied me to the next chemotherapy appointment.  By the third visit, the nurses were waiting at the door to find out what I would bring next.  It was a delicate music box that played "I Will Always Love You."
Even when I went into isolation at the hospital for a bone marrow transplant, the letters and pictures kept coming until they covered every wall of my room.  Then the kids traced their hands onto colored paper, cut them out and glued them together to make a freestanding rainbow of helping hands.  "I feel like I've stepped into Disneyland every time I walk into this room," my doctor laughed.  That was even before the six-foot apple blossom tree arrived adorned with messages written on paper apples from the students and teachers.  What healing comfort I found in being surrounded by these tokens of their caring.

没有人能比他们做得更好了。在我的第一个难受的化疗期,孩子们给我送来了他们自己写的充满快乐的书。第二次化疗时,每个班的一个影碟,孩子们唱着祝福歌曲一直陪伴着我。我第三次去的时候,护士们都在门旁边等着看这次我会带着什么来。那是一个精美的音乐盒,一打开就唱起“我将永远地爱着你”。
甚至在我做骨髓移植的隔离时期,信和图画一直不断地送过来,直到我房间的每面墙都贴得满满地。后来,孩子们用彩色的纸做成他们的手的形状来,剪下并且胶水粘在一起,成了一个“帮助之手”的独立的彩虹。我的医生笑着说:“每次我来你房间,都感觉好象走进了迪斯尼乐园”。甚至还有一颗六英尺高的纸制苹果树,纸苹果上写满了学生们和老师们的消息。被这些充满关怀的东西包围着对我来说是莫大的安慰。

At long last I was well enough to return to work.  As I headed up the road to the school, I was suddenly overcome by doubts.  What if the kids have forgotten all about me?  I wondered, What if they don't want a skinny bald principal?  What if . . .  I caught sight of the school marquee as I rounded the bend.  "Welcome Back, Dr. Perry," it read.  As I drew closer, everywhere I looked were pink ribbons - ribbons in the windows, tied on the doorknobs, even up in the trees.  The children and staff wore pink ribbons, too.
My blonde buddy was first in line to greet me.  "You're back, Dr. Perry, you're back!" she called.  "See, I told you we'd take care of you!"  As I hugged her tight, in the back of my mind I faintly heard my music box playing . . . "I will always love you."

过了很长时间,我终于能返回学校工作了。当我走在通向学校的那条路上的时候,我突然变得犹豫了。我想,假如孩子们要是已经把我忘了怎么办呢?假如他们不想要一个瘦得皮包骨似的秃头的校长呢?假如。。。。。走到拐弯处时,我发现了学校的华盖上的标语,上面写着:欢迎回来,佩里博士。更近一些,我看到到处都系满了粉红色的丝带,在窗子上,在门把手上,甚至树上。孩子们和老师们的身上也挂着粉红的丝带。
我的金发小姑娘站在第一排向我问好。“你回来了,佩里博士,你回来了!”她叫着。“看,我对你说过吧,我们会照顾你的!”当我抱紧她的时候,脑海里依稀响起了音乐盒里的那支歌“我将永远地爱着你”。

感谢元素同学提供审阅及图片!

打赏TA共获得: 金币:0
还没人打赏
分享给好友
吾骞心灵辅导咨询工作室: 快乐的心情、平和的心态、幸福的满足感价值几何?5000元贵吗?  msn: janecong@hotmail.com QQ: 371260878
2005-08-16 13:38:32 来自青青岛社区 法律声明 回复 | 引用 | 编辑 | 举报
回复此贴
用户名: 密 码: (已经输入0字节) *

请绑定实名后进行跟帖

分享

48小时点击排行

精彩图集

更多

本论坛本周Top10

打赏

金币:

评语: